We create educational opportunities for children with educational needs in developing nations through sponsorships by students of America and their fund-raising efforts. Partnerships are created with students educating each other about their culture, their families and their dreams, while developing the skills of leadership and empowerment through global contribution and communication. Our primary focus supports children in Bali and Ethiopia.
- Public education in Bali, Indonesia is not free. The government provides educational opportunites for a cost. Families must pay for use of the building, books and school supplies, uniforms, transportation, and food. Many families must choose between sending children to school and feeding themselves. It is common for girls to end their education before the 6th grade. Many of the children living in rural areas have no educational ooportunity. Much of the same is true for the children of Ethiopia.
- Uneducated parents do not realize the value of education, choosing rather to have their children work, thus continuing the cycle of poverty.
- A partnership with The Bali Children’s Project, and with a team of individuals in Ethiopia, and the leadership Program of Boynton Beach High School and American heritage Academy has been created to coordinate student/student-sponsor relationships in Bali and Ethiopia.
- A promise and commitment pledge is taken by students and student-sponsors.
- A ground rules agreement is executed by students, student-sponsors, and their teachers.
- Students and student-sponsors communicate monthly creating a global partnership through education.
- Student-sponsors commitment is $30 per month per Balinese/Ethiopian student for 12 consecutive months.
- One hundred percent of the funds raised by the student-sponsors goes to the educational needs of the children.
- The Education Rocks team works with the sponsors to create fund-raising projects to assist student-sponsors and to support administrative expenses.
- EDUCATION ROCKS! is being adapted globally to developing nations.
STUDENTS EDUCATING STUDENTS
WHO WOULDN’T HAVE HAD AN EDUCATION OTHERWISE,
CREATING LEADERS OF TOMORROW WHO KNOW THE VALUE OF EDUCATION!